Friday, April 17, 2015

Tara Tank Dress for Summer!


Tara Tank Dress in Amy Butler print

Fabric:  Amy Butler print in quilt-weigth fabric

Pattern: Tara Tank Dress from Sew Serendipity 

Favorite Details:  THE TUCKS in the front are great!!!

Fitting Details:  I added a bust dart to this dress to give me the needed room and to control the fullness across the chest.  Without it, I was swimming in fabric.  I wish I had put in a waist dart to help control the extra fullness from the bust dart transferred to the waist area.  Quilting cotton has its uses in the fashion world, but the fabric must be controlled or you feel very frumpy.  Without the waist dart, I am frumpy!!!  This pattern is better suited to a fabric that will drape just a little or plan to do a bit more fitting.




I love tucks!  This sweet child is wearing a tuck dress I made last summer.  Isn't she cute????
Toddler Summer Tuck Dress in a 3T being modeled with bluebonnets.

2 comments:

  1. Love the fabric and the fit. The piping and the pleats really bring the dress to another level. Good job.

    ReplyDelete