Sunday, November 23, 2014

Simplicity 1465, done in almost couture fashion

Simplicity 1465

This pink printed corduroy has bounced around in my fabric stash for a few years.  Every project got scratched before it began with this fabric.

My stash is out of control, so I must sew it up!!

Pattern:
Simplicity 1465, View C

Fitting:
My figure has no need for long darts.  I drew in blue ink the new dart.  
(I call it four children hips.)
My new dart for Simplicity 1465

Fabric:
Pink printed stretch corduroy from my stash.  Most likely 8 years old.

Simplicity 1465

A little rain last night to make this outfit comfy, but the high today is 80!

Back view of Simplicty 1465


Construction:

After my first almost couture skirt, I was in love!!!

So, this skirt is underlined with cotton batiste.
Pink polyester lining.
Hand basted seams to match the print. 
Catch stitched seam allowances.
Petersham ribbon waistband.
 

Petersham ribbon waistband

Best of all - a handpicked zipper!!!
Both sides of the skirt match!!

Handpicked zipper


Can't wait to do some Thanksgiving week sewing!


4 comments:

  1. This skirt is gorgeous. I love your whole outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you found the perfect use for that beautiful corduroy! It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great skirt - I was looking for user creations with this pattern and found your blog here. Thanks for sharing. i'll have a try on this pattern. I think i will sew the version with cascade.
    Bye Philo
    http://houseofphilo.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete